Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Asian Beauty Haul



A couple weeks ago I got the chance to shop some asian beauty and I took advantage !  I picked up a bag full of products.





Here is what I bought and some of my thoughts after trying them out.


Missha Perfect Cover BB cream 
I definitely wanted to try some authentic Asian BB creams.  I had read up a bit about the brands available at the store I was going to and which brands were the most popular.  One of the highest rated on every review site I saw was the Missha Perfect Cover BB cream, so I just had to try it out.  It offers great coverage and it comparable to my other great BB love, the Dr Jart Black Label Detox BB cream.  The only thing I dislike about this is the smell, it has a weird smell when you first apply, but it doesn't linger nor have I gotten comments from people during the day.  It's just slightly off-putting when you first pump it out of the packaging.


Skin 79 Triple Functions BB
After watching many Australia and New Zealand based Youtubers talk about Skin 79 and how great it was, I had to try this BB cream out as well.  I've worn it a few times and it is quite a good product. It covers everything without feeling heavy or looking caky on the skin, it has sun protection and as well which makes this a great summer product. The packaging is also great because it isn't too big or bulky and has a pump.


It's Skin Mint Cookie and Hand Cream
One of the best thing about Asian beauty products has got to be packaging and their specialty items.  In the store there was a vast assortment of yummy smelling creams for every part of your body, but this one was the winner.  It smells exactly like mint chocolate chip ice cream, which just happens to be one of my all time favorite flavours.  I've been keeping this little pot on my bedside table and applying it before going to sleep, and my dream have been very sweet ever since.



Tony Moly Crystal Jelly Cheek Pot
This product is quite special and probably the most unique blush I have ever come across. The texture when you feel it in the pot is very similar to the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes, but when it's swatched it appears to be like a powder.  The color I picked is also perfect for summer, a peachy coral shade is great with bronzed and glowing summer skin.  I love this product and I see it becoming a staple in my makeup bag.



ASA False Eyelashes 
There were many different brands, sizes and colours of falsies, and all were very affordable, so I picked up this box for a whopping $5.  These are great because they aren't as long as typical falsies, which is not as dramatic and ideal for everyday wear. I'll definitely be picking up more of these in the future.


Face masks and samples
Another obligatory purchase was a sheet mask. These peculiar skin care items have been blowing up the asian beauty world, so there was no choice in the matter, I had to try this trend out and see what it's all about.  I chose a cocoa mask because it sounded so luxurious and yummy.  The other two masks were given to me for free at the checkout, one is a potato mask and the other is tomato for the eyes.  I'm excited to try them all out!

There you have it, all the Asian beauty buys from a couple weeks ago :)

Let me know what other Asian beauty products I should try.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment